Sunday, February 26, 2012

Where Are We headed???

Today while coming to office I couldn't stop noticing the difference in transport, compared to few years ago and now.

I guess few years back there was a malayalam song which said, 100c bike and a lady was required, now I can only see a very few 100CC bikes (lady is common now and then :P), CC has increased from 100CC which was max at that time to 150CC min. Every second bike we see on road is of 150CC.

Earlier in four wheeler segment, there were very few vendors(India) , Maruthi, Ambassador, Contessa , played a major role. Now you just look around you can feel the change, Hundai, Cheverlot, Nissan, Mahindra, Tata and what not. All the international players are in India, seeling their cars for a cheaper price. Car has become an common man's need...

When my dad got this mobile ( I guess some where around 1999) my neighbour told my dad  not to call him as he was afraid of incoming call cost (lack o knowledge), but now who doesn't know about mobile from an infant to grandmom, that handset didn't have even a good rigntone, and was too bulky, now you have sleek, cute, sexy phone with camera, mp3, bluetooth and what not.

I remember , when I had to browse internet, I had to go to a cafe, pay  min 45Rs/hour, etc. Now you have internet everywhere, in your mobile, airport, etc etc.

When I got my first PC I was happy to have a 256MB RAM, now even my phone has more than that. Yestreday I saw a tablet with very high configuration, detachable keyboard 8MP camera etc etc...

Where are we headed...what will be next. can any one assume??

No comments:

Post a Comment